Just like other companies who hire an interpreter and interpretation services, consecutive interpretation applies the same for the convenience of the patients.
I am sure that you all are clear with the concept of interpretation, which refers to interpreting source language into the target language. In layman language exchange of same words and its meaning from one language to another language is interpretation. Interpretation is the job performed by an efficient and highly skilled person known as Interpreter.
You will be amazed to know that like all other sectors health sector is also equipped with a talented interpreter who helps the staff, doctors, patients and even many visitors in different aspects. Also, OPI is also very common in hospitals just like all the customer support and operator services, where a call is being diverted to an interpreter to process further. Everyone or anybody can visit the hospital due to any cause, whether it is a visit for a regular checkup or it is an emergency. Also if you have an appointment in a hospital with a so-called doctor that belongs to a different state or country, then this is also one of the causes of visiting the hospital. But the problem arrives when you are unfamiliar with the language either as a patient, also known as LEP – limited English proficient or it is hard to understand the patient issue or name as well as a doctor.
You can always seek help from the organizations available in the market with the best interpreters to assist many brands and businesses from embassy to school. You can search for the most effective consecutive interpretation services in India or your town so that their interpreters will help the hospital staff and patients to assist in a better way.
Now how does it work?
- First of all, the office staff note down the id provided by the interpreter to create a file for the patient.
- The next step here to follow is to make sure that the message is clearly conveyed to the interpreter which can be passed on effectively to the patient in the very same manner. Therefore interpreter has to well familiar with the medical or specified jargon and terminologies.
- Make an interpreter or patient comfortable for the introduction.
- As per the training being provided to the hospital staff as to ensure that even while a conversation with the interpreter makes sure you are directly giving salutation to the patient as it may not hurt the sentiments of the patients and interpreter is just a mediator.
- It also ensures giving ample pauses or breaks to the interpreter to either make a note or if he/she is directly conveying the message to the patient.
- Communicating or transferring messages from one language to another may result in confusion or dilemma at times. Therefore it would be highly appreciated if you allow some time to clear all the doubts and confusion related to time, dates or anything else.